Skip to main content

P2P

What is file sharing?
File sharing is the ability to access and transmit data from one device to another. What can be shared? The answer to this question is pretty much everything: movies, music, electronic books different types of documents or even software.

What is P2P File sharing?
I decided to borrow the definition of P2P directly from Margomin. According to the article, P2P file sharing is a peer to peer file sharing which allows individuals to access media files using a software program that searches and locates computers that have the file that is wanted. P2P file sharing allows users to share files online through a network of software programs.

What are some examples of P2P file sharing?
I believe many of us used P2P at least at some point in our lives. I am familiar with uTorrent Classic and BitTorrent. It was relatively fast and save way to download files. Also, there are a bunch of P2P that no longer exist such as Kazaa, Morpheus, Limeware, and others.

Works Cited
Margomin. “P2p File Sharing.” Margomin, 13 Apr. 2016,margomin.wordpress.com/2016/04/13/p2p-file-sharing/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modeling Reality with Virtual Worlds

Virtual Worlds...sounds very intriguing. It evokes our imagination and curiosity. But what is it? The virtual world is a computer-based environment that can be managed by an individual. There are so many ways virtual reality can be used! A person can explore any countries/cities/places, or experience activities such as swimming or riding the camel while physically not able to do so, also, it is possible to mentally adjust for something unknown such as flying to the Moon, or it is an advanced way to learn. Actually, the virtual world gives us so many opportunities to improve our knowledge and earn new skills. However, it is very important to know how to use it but not to get addicted to it. According to the article, The virtual world moves into the classroom by Joe Earl, they're taking virtual field trips to faraway places, learning about the lives of refugee families or studying the inner working of volcanos. Virtual reality has so many advantages in different fields like education...

Advice

Being part of Baruch makes me proud. I wish all students can feel the same. To get into students' hearts is easy - they have to feel that Baruch is not only a great academic institution or a safe environment but also a place that is actually very close and approachable. To improve those factors Baruch should pay greater attention to the usage of new media. All Social Media pages managed by Baruch that I had a chance to analyze were just too dry.  Yes, there is new information every once in a while,  but it is not that dynamic at all. The young generation does not like to see the same posts all over again, only creative stuff catches attention, something new, fresh and juicy should appear every day, or even more often. Different offices within Baruch should have own style, for sure. I agree that the Financial aid office should not post jokes here and there, but they can take extra time and constantly post some brief explanation of the most common issues students usually have o...

Wiki So Far

Working on Wiki seems easier than it actually is. It took a while for me to understand how to navigate and edit or add dome information. I did not create any new pages. However, I spent time reading the content that already existed and thinking about my contribution. I noticed minor grammar mistakes and edited it. I added more information to Pinterest (Fashion) and Fingerlings (New Media In Toys). Also. I am planning to add more content to Fashion especially to the Makeup section. Also, I did not add any images yet, so in the next couple of days, I am going to work much more on Wiki.